Friday, March 11, 2011

Character and a review.

Hi.  Happy Friday to ya!  (I am currently listening to my boys all wake up, the first thing they do is yell at each other, scuffle around and someone gets hit.  I'm waiting for the MOOOOOOOOOM!)


I have a character that I want to share with you from my book My Stupid Girl that is in the editing process right now.  He is a special character because he is the only one in the book that is not "made up" (Even tho all of my characters are real...right?  I mean, aren't yours?)


(There goes the MOM, I'm going to lock my door)


He is an old friend of mine from High school and he is a character all on his own, so I had to put him in my book!!

PhotobucketThis is Johnny, Davids other best friend.  He is neither a punk or goth, he is just a boy who was forced to hang out with the friends he does because he wore black trench coats and army boots.  They call him there default friend, but is the glue that holds there group together because of his stable upbringing and loving family.  He is a freckle faced fun loving boy who is comfortable with being the "preppy".  He well flap his arms and look flustered at the drop of a hat and not apologize for it.

If you have missed my other character descriptions then come Here and Here

Ok.  I have just read this book Fallen by Lauren Kate.


I really enjoyed this book. It is not "action packed" but the way she describes something simple like walking across grass is poetry and keeps you so enthralled you stay up way to late reading it.
Its about a girl named Luce who is forced to go to a reform school because of an unfortunate incident that resulted in a boyfriends death. There she finds a group of characters that she cant shake that she has meet before.
If you want a really good read then pick this one up! Its worth it. Her next book Torment is next on my list!

Tell me the books you have been reading lately and loving.

4 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Wow. That description of that character made me want to read the book already! And I just finished DIVERGENT, which is so dang good you will HAVE to pre-order it. It's like the Hunger Games, but even better!

Thanks for your comments on my blog :)

Stephsco said...

I love the name of your blog (saw your post on Elana Johnson's site) so I had to check it out. Good luck with revising your book! :)

Cristina Mathers said...

i pretty much only read non-fiction, so i am currently reading chef Gabrielle Hamilton's Blood, Bones, and Butter. it's a memoir and so far i really like it. as for fiction, the last book i read was an Anne Rice novel called The Witching Hour. i don't recommend.

Anonymous said...

I hope, it's OK