Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nicholas Sparks

I have to say that I respect Nicholas Sparks. 

YES, all his books are really sad and someone almost always dies...I'm trying to think of one where someone doesn't.  None come to mind. 

The thing that I like most about him as a person (more so then his writing) is that he is always going.  There is always a new book out that he has had published. 

There have been amazing books like Harry Potter and Twilight that are like One Hit Wonders.  I feel sometimes like those authors made there millions and are over it.  But Nicholas keeps going, keeps writing.  He is obviously passionate about it and I like that.

His books have been made to  MOVIES My favorite being "A walk to remember" and "The notebook" 

My point is, that I might not be super into all his books, but he keeps going, keeps writing and no matter how successful he is he doesn't seem to get enough.

I LOVE THAT!

4 comments:

Laura S. said...

I like authors who keep going and going, too! Especially when they write a novel that maybe "flopped" in sales they move on from it and write something new.

I've read an interview with Nicholas Sparks in which he said he doesn't really enjoy writing. So that bums me out. I feel bad for him! He keeps writing bestselling stories, though, so I suppose whatever he feels about writing works for him, haha.

Aurora Smith said...

Laura, you just broke my heart!

Sylvia Ney said...

Great post. So true!

Stephsco said...

If someone tells me it's unrealistic to read a book in a day, I mention Sparks. I read one of his books at the beach in a matter of HOURS. I swear I'm not a speed reader. There is something instantly-devourable about his books, I can absolutely see why they are popular.